Thursday 14 February 2008

My Valentine's Day celebration (Ma version du Saint Valentin!)


"Let's build a strong foundation for a better future"


While all around the world people seem quite "busy" organizing or enjoying the Valentine's day, I was thinking about the best way, my own way, of celebrating it!

Saint Valentine's Day has to be the celebration of love between people! Being a Rwandan, I come to realize that my (Own) Best Way of celebrating this day, is to share with brothers, sisters and friends the responsibility we have over today for a better future.

Sometimes back (last year August-September 2007), I got an opportunity to represent my motherland abroad during an international conference! I would say that before that I was aware of the situation we were in, vis a vis the external world, but NOT the perfect picture and the PERFECT responsibility that is upon us! People I met who knew about Rwanda, most of them that was through books, TV news, or movies about the Rwandan genocide. So, you may guess the kind of questions I was being asked there... BUT this helps me knowing well how much work we have to do in order to change this, NOT the history but the future by building the present on strong foundation!

This is my Valentine's day celebration, thinking about the "Love to my motherland-Rwanda and even Africa"! Am saying this because the image we are giving most of the time is not the one giving the REAL HOPE!!

Why of this? Aren't we tired of this situation? Aren't we sad and even ashamed to see that the young generation, to make the difference is the one involved in these destruction activities; to see that we are behaving as unconcerned by the political, social, economic... problems that our countries are facing... because whatever we may be saying while lying ourselves, the consequences come to all of us!!

So, let's contribute towards a BETTER future and I am really convinced that nobody would wish for his/her children to pass through what we know because the history doesn't look appear good, but the least we can do, even though we have no power over the past, we can change the future while starting from now, we can change our destiny, we can prevent the history to repeat itself... so there is something to do!


And I think and am convinced that Rwanda, Africa and the world in general have the beauty to pass time building for and working towards...
There is a lot to worry about and very important for our countries and us in general!!!

At least we have these few people who will be doing the little they can but the results will be visible and I don't think any Rwandese or African or anybody else logical can allow these "Peas-brain" or "Low-minded" People destroy our future!!


No comments:

It's up to us!!!

"The future depends on what we do today" Mahatma Gandhi

"If you want to be seen, stand up. If you want to be heard, speak out/be noisy" Togay Bayatly

When we see what is going on in this world, we feel ashamed and sometimes we lose hope for the future!

In these times, we forget that the Future would equal to Today without our commitment and efforts.

We always find excuses but the question is: Am I really ready to commit myself by taking the first step (the one that really matters?) in order to be seen and heard?

It's up to us as I was saying above and let me end by saying that "The impossible is created by our mind"! Just try out you will be surprised to see yourself moving mountains!!